Even though there are lot of forms of traditional marketing including radio, print, direct marketing, personal selling and television, studies show that digital marketing is booming, in terms of success and familiarity. In short, by the year 2021, it is projected that marketing giants will spend about 75% of their total marketing budget on digital marketing and its related operations, instead of traditional marketing.
Email marketing stats
Email marketing is one of the most successful online digital marketing platforms in the recent years. Below some of the best statistics which will show you how important is email marketing during your digital marketing strategy planning.
- Gmail alone has over 1 billion users, and it’s expected to grow to 3 billion users by 2020.
- Emails with customized subject lines are 28 percentage more likely to be opened than ordinary mails.
- The most popular days to send emails are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, but, since these days are so popular, you may have a better chance at an open rate if you send them on Mondays and Fridays instead.
- At present, according to various sources, The New York Times has more than 30 email newsletters, with around a 72 percentage open rate, and brand-new newsletters are committed to specific audiences like runners and college students.
- Open rates are highest, around 24%, from the hours of 5 p.m. to 11.30 p.m. or after the completion of work.
- The number of highly active email accounts worldwide was roughly 4.2 billion in the middle of 2014 and is expected to rise to nearly 5.8 billion towards the end of 2019.
- Email marketing is boss of all digital marketing channels or medium, with ROI is as high as 4500 percentage.
Mobile marketing statistics
Mobile device usage is increasing day by day, Hence, enhancing your marketing efforts for mobile must be a first consideration.Here are some of the most informative stats that will impulse you to take another look at your mobile strategy this coming year.
- The number of distinctive monthly searches is more than 100 billion, and more than half of those come from a mobile device.
- Around Eighty percentage of internet users own a smartphone.
- The number of emails being opened on mobile devices is rising, with 53% of email marketing emails being opened on mobile devices.
- Thirty-one percent of marketers say they open at least half of their emails on a mobile device. This means subject lines need to accommodate smartphones. (2015 State of Marketing Report).
- Only 47% of B2C brands are fully optimizing their preheader text for easy reading on mobile devices.
- Nearly 80% of your time spent on social media platforms happens on mobile devices.
- Over 50% of smartphone users grab their phone immediately after awakening within the morning.
- In 2019, people are using their mobile devices more frequently and for extended periods of your time than their desktop computers. A great majority of usa citizens alone (95%) now own a cellphone of some kind, with 77% of them owning a smartphone. This is up from 35% back in 2011.
- The number of latest smartphone subscriptions growing by 20% annually .
- Sixty-one percent of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site if they had a problem accessing it, and 40% will go to a competitor instead.
Social media marketing statistics
Social media is changing the face of selling culture in several ways. With social media, it’s easier to gather useful data on consumers, build a clear and popular brand, and sell products on various social media platforms. The following statistics will assist you understand the importance of getting your social strategy right this year.
- Facebook has over 1.66 billion monthly smartphone users.
- By mid-2015, half all comments on Instagram included an emoji.
- Thirty-two percent of teenagers say Instagram is the most important social network, and 81% of Millennials check Twitter at least once a day.
- Twenty-two percent of the world’s population uses Facebook, with North America being in first place and Africa coming in last.
- YouTube, on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49-year-olds than any cable network within the US.
- 90% of mobile opens occur on an Apple device.
- Fifty-nine percent of Americans with social media accounts say that social customer service makes it easier to get issues resolved and questions answered.
- Twenty-eight percent of usa citizens with a social media account would rather engage with a brand on social media than attend a physical location.
Display advertising statistics
While it’s true that display advertising are often one among the fastest ways to drive traffic to your website, it’s also important to notice that there are several obstacles in site. If you’re looking into display advertising this year, here are some statistics you should know to help make sure you’re on the right path.
- The average person now spends longer online than with all other media outlets combined.
- Total spending on internet advertising is claimed to grow 12.9% next year, because the internet is now the most important medium for advertising.
- Fifty-four percent of survey respondents said they didn’t trust banner ads.
- The average click through rate of display ads is %0.06.
- Thirty five percent of internet users can not stand display advertisements.
Read more about >> Digital Marketing in Ernakulam »
Read more about post3 »
Read more about post4 »